“A ship in a harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for” – John A. Shedd
Why Study Abroad?
There are many benefits of studying abroad. Studying abroad is more than just education, it’s a life changing experience. With overseas educational experience, you will be able to become a better student and person of the world. The truth is, studying overseas has many amazing benefits, from helping you find a good job to improving your social standing. Earning an international degree is not only about expanding your career and personal horizons but also about gaining savoir faire. Here are some of the benefits of studying abroad: -
1. Gain Independence - Studying and living abroad requires you to be independent, without the safety of your home comforts. Being on your own in a new place might seem scary, but learning to push ourselves to try new things and grow is an important part of life. Small day to day decisions like where to stay, where to eat, what to see, how to get from place to place etc. make you increasingly independent and responsible.
2. Top Quality Education - Studying abroad gives you a chance to experience high standard and different styles of education. Studying abroad means you can take advantage of the globally-recognised degrees offered by countries like the UK, USA, Australia and many more. You’ll find that completely immersing yourself in the education system of the country of your choice, is a great way to really experience and understand the people, its traditions, and its culture.
3. Immerse yourself in a new culture - One of the biggest benefits of studying abroad is the chance to understand new perspectives and different cultures. You’ll get a first hand experience of a foreign country and develop a better understanding and appreciation for its people and history. From food and traditions to music and games, you will have the opportunity to witness a completely new way of life.
4. Learn a new language - Another major advantage of studying abroad is the opportunity to learn a new language, or two. Learning a new language can be a challenge, but there’s no better way to learn than to dive right in, somewhere where the language is spoken every day in all aspects of life. Taking extra language classes when you're out there can also be a great way to meet new people. Being able to speak several languages can make you highly desirable to potential employers.
5. Make Lifelong Friends - Studying abroad is a fantastic opportunity to meet new friends from different backgrounds. While studying you will meet people in a variety of environments, from your lectures to your accommodation, creating strong bonds with fellow students. You may not love every single person you meet, but chances are that you’ll meet at least one lifelong friend, enriching your life experience.
6. Career Opportunities - When you finish your study abroad program and return home, you will return with a new perspective on culture, communication and language skills combined with great education, confidence, and global connections . All of these traits are very attractive to future employers. Many students would like to stay on in their host country and seek work. Some overseas destinations welcome you to stay and work with a post-study work visa.
7. Life Experience - One of the ultimate reasons to study abroad is to gain life experience. For most students, this time may be the only opportunity they get to travel abroad for a long period of time. Take this opportunity to embrace the world with no commitments but to study and learn about new cultures. You’ll learn how to organize your life and condense it into one suitcase, handle unforeseen situations, be independent and self-sufficient.
8. Learn self-reliance - Moving abroad is the ultimate test in self-reliance. When or if you move back, you’ll likely rely less on others and take more responsibility for yourself.
9. Learn more about yourself - Throwing yourself into a completely new environment will help you to figure out what you’re good at, as well as what you’re not so good at. These are things that can then be built on during your study abroad experience. Being in a new place by yourself can be overwhelming at times, and it tests your ability to adapt to diverse situations while being able to problem solve.
10. Gain a global mind-set - You will open yourself up to different ways of living and learning, accepting new ideas and perspectives thanks to people from a diverse range of backgrounds whom you will meet during your stay. Whether it’s in work, study or play, you’ll be able to use your new global mind-set to back up arguments, inform your beliefs and steer your future.
11. You learn to appreciate the smaller things more - Studying abroad usually means you have even fewer possessions than the average student, and being that much further from home can really make you miss those familiar comforts you’d taken for granted. Welcome to a new-found appreciation of everything from your parents’ cooking to having more than two pairs of shoes to choose from.
Students worldwide dream of studying abroad, for many reasons, particularly the chance to make great connections, advance their careers, and see more of the amazing world we all live in. Choosing where to study abroad can be challenging as there are lot of factors that needs to be considered such as the costs of living, tuition fees, visa application processes, the climate and the country's culture.
To assist you along the way with your research, below you will find detailed guides for every popular study destination. These locations have been chosen for their popularity and reviews: -
How does it work?
Call our experts for a free counselling session.
Course selection advice as per your choice of study destination
Review, edit and submit applications to shortlisted Universities
Assistance and guidance for scholarships and
preparation for college admissions / visa
Visa assistance and pre-departure
Ready to get started?
Fill the form and our experts will get back to you